18 May, 2009

Stand-Up show


I went to a comedy stand-up show last night, and was hosted by * (cannot remember his name…) with other 3 guests, one of them was Tom Wrigglesworth (He won't be in a coma this time...) in the Yorkshire Playhouse.

It was the first time I visited the Yorkshire Playhouse and inside the theatre, there were plenty of rooms for my legs and has a good view when seated in the back row but, one thing annoyed me was… the drinks. There were too dear to buy drinks in the venue, just like anywhere else. I used to travel to London to see such live show which was in one of many bars, apart from paying gig ticket on the door, and also pay for the drink on the top of that (tuting...).

Talk about this comedian, I don’t know him well and in fact, I’ve not heard of him but he is funny and has a good structure when he gave his talk. One of the funniest stories was when he mentioned the announcement in the supermarket. It has a very unusual tone when an announcement is made in store, such as:


“Store manager code * 113, store manager code * 113”

“Store cleaner aisle * 6, store cleaner aisle * 6”


Mind you, there are always pronunciations going on especially within the announcements where * sign are, and imagine if we all talk like that in a daily life conversations…


“What do you want for tea *, what do you want for tea * ”

“I am having a wee * , I am having a wee * ”

How funny is that! It makes your life full of fun and comprehensives, and due to that point, I just couldn't stop to laugh at it.

No comments: