03 February, 2009

Weekend Break (1)



As a result of adverse weather conditions, staff are advised that they may leave the office early at ……The message/information came from an email at work and was 24 hours before the heavy snow to hit north England.

I was not surprised the cold weather and bad snow condition, and I knew it will happen before I flew to Amsterdam. The weather in Amsterdam, it was colder than in England, dry air, cold wind and snow shower from time to time, of course there was sun shine during the day as well, very changeable.

On the day when I returned to England, everything was fine and normal since the aircraft lift-off, and it was only a short flight which the plane already reached and above the destination within an hour journey. I looked down from the sky; it was clearly to see such white skin covered all over the ground, frankly I wondered that will we be able to land, Yes or No??

It was a bit of tumble landing, apart from that I amazed we finally made it, and 20 minutes after I landed, they shut the airport since, and it was Sunday night. Now then, I fully understand how passengers feel when is in a bad weather condition, although there is nothing neither you nor I can do about it and only waiting, but as one of many numbers of passenger, I should be aware and co-operating with the airport staff as well as pay attention on the health and safety instruction when displays in the aircraft.

It is not just about lucky, it is all about the preparation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never, ever let a Japanese friend eat "Space cake" is all I know about Amsterdam. Very messy indeed. You probably shouldn't even let them take Asprin, but at least they have a funny story now.

Anonymous said...

Ya'll are so lucky that to arrive the home without any trouble. Yes, the more you do preparing, the less bad things will happened.

@ the Quiet Room said...

Thank you Victoria. I felt the released and finally got home, surely was lucky without any further action in the end of the journey.

@ the Quiet Room said...

To Der Potatoman, I think that story was really suprised me and was the classic "funny story" ever...!!