04 February, 2009

Weekend Break (2)

Relaxed atmosphere with narrow streets, picturesque canals, brown cafes, art galleries and unique shops – it is Amsterdam.

Apart from very important architectural features like Amsterdam Central Station, and only one of its kind house building on the street, perhaps the best way to know the city is to walk around and shopping in Amsterdam. Also just about everyone speaks English in Amsterdam; many people speak German and French too but not as well; I read a guild book that it says Dutch people have to learn German at school, and they generally speak better English than German; I presume that communication is not a problem if is English speaking only if you speak to the right person.

As you probably already know, the Amsterdam authorities have a liberal policy on soft drugs (
marijuana and hashish). This means that selling and buying soft drugs in the certain coffee shop (FAQ), they are allowed to sell small quantities and you are legitimate to smoke your purchase inside. However, be aware that it is not considered acceptable behaviour everywhere.

The funny thing I’ve done during to travel in Amsterdam was I finally had
space cake. As I was fully understand what the effected and the behaviours will be like as well as I heard from other peoples’ experiences after they ate the cakes, so therefore I was already be good and took a small quantity each time. Although it was a small amount but it worked on me. I was giggling while I was walking on the street, its like “the high” came from no where and once it started, it was difficult to stop until its end.

I couldn’t stop laughing and my tears was running from my eyes and on top of that I spoke to my husband “it is your fault and idea” just blamed him for nothing but, it made our laughing louder and even louder…….

No comments: