19 March, 2010

Are you assertive!?

People can have either good or bad days, depending on what they see and how they feel. A typical day at work is putting your head down: then work is not special; seeing other people annoyed in front of your face that is extraordinary.

Most of the day I do routine tasks, but occasionally there’s a crisis or I have to meet a deadline. At certain times of the year I have a very heavy workload but at other times it can be quiet light. I am an easy going person but can’t stand people with bad manners as I think everyone should have basic interpersonal skills. For example: laughing out load in the office, a rude attitude and ignorance at work are most annoying. I don’t know what the worst thing would be from my colleagues; unfortunately I am able to choose the job I like but not the people I work with.

My workplace is not a call centre; however the majority of them work via the phones and get in contact with customers, providing advice and help as well as giving guidance. For me, it is a good thing to help others, but another thing to make others to do what you tell them to do. Such attitude does go around in the office, if you lack awareness and self-esteem then you will be working like a hard labourer; you are supposed to work hard of course, but not work to compensate for others’ laziness. Be assertive is recommended and will not end up doing something that you shouldn’t do.

No comments: