18 March, 2009

A week before British Summer Time

I have been laid back for a while since last posted, although I did not keep up any activities over the Internet but I’ve surely done lots of garden work for the coming summer.

When British summer begins, everyone would be busy and starts re-build their gardens, as I am one of them (note to self – always take a spare pair of boots, some clean shoes and for mud-free travel into house!) and I sometimes could spend hours and hours to grow my own choice of plants, restructuring/releasing the soil and trim the lawn, as well as to repaint garden furniture.

So far, daylight gets longer and the clock is turning forward, which means more time to spend on outdoor activities. For me, one of my outdoor activities is sitting in the garden, having a nice pot of tea or coffee with some biscuits, and slices of cake would be ideal to enjoy the peace of quiet with soft wind, sunshine and of course read some of my favorites books.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are those flowers from your garden? Would love to see what your garden looks like this summer!

@ the Quiet Room said...

There were and was from last summer. Hopefully the weather is good enough and flowers would be able to grow nicely in this summer again.

I will take photos to share with you in this summer if I am availavle. :)

Dorothy said...

Lovely!
I used to call these flowers 'my purple dreams'. Don't you think they look very pretty and romantic? I also took cuttings to decorate my livingroom. :-)
Nic has green fingers!